Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Bed Head by Tigi Part I

A few days ago this happened:



The good people over at Bzz Agent saw fit to send me free samples of Bed Head to try...did I mention they were free?  Pretty exciting.  (Side note: the bzz agent boxes are cute, it felt like I was getting a present)

If you are like me then you think of Bed Head by Tigi as something from the 90s that made you look as greasy as one does in the early morning hours before showering.  To be honest I was expecting my free samples to consist of hair glue or texturizing paste or generally something not all that useful to a long-haired, reasonably clean person like myself.   What I actually got was Straighten Out Straightening Cream, Recharge Shampoo and Conditioner, and Elasticate Shampoo and Conditioner.  Basically they gave me products that claim to straighten, shine, and strengthen my hair, so I guess they've been reading my mind because that is pretty spot on with what I want for my crazy tresses (you like that?  tresses?  it's fancy).

Today's review focuses on the Straighten Out Straightening Cream.  According to the bottle Straighten out is a  "98% HUMIDITY DEFYING STRAIGHTENING CREAM.  Superstar thermosetting polymers power this high performance hot iron cream. For 48 hour serious, serious straight, even in 98% humidity."

Sounds good to me.

Saturday morning, May the 4th, we went to a "May the 4th Be With You" Star Wars celebration at a local library.  I knew there would be members of the 501st Legion there so I wanted to look my best for pictures.  Yes, I wanted to look my best for dudes dressed as Storm Troopers, that is pretty much my ideal day.  I was in a hurry but managed to wash the hair, slap on some of the Bed Head cream, and run a semi hot flat iron over it before rushing out the door.  Oh and I also snapped a pic:

Thumbs up y'all!  Now where did I put my glasses...
In the car I noticed that my hair was very straight and very soft but not at all greasy or heavy.  At the library I chased around several toddlers, adults, and storm troopers and had a total blast both infoors and outside in the Texas heat and sun.  (BTW, the 501st were awesome.)

How do you like my awesome Yoda ears?  Totally forgot they were on my head.
I had no opportunity to brush my hair let alone look in a mirror until much later in the day and was pleased to see my hair looked like this 15 hours later:

totally took this pic at midnight
Pretty impressive stuff.  I don't exactly have curly hair but it has a tendency to get wavy and bushy over time and as you can see that didn't happen.  

Final verdict:  I like it well enough that when I run out of the sample I will actually spend my own hard earned dollars to get some more.



No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?