Friday, April 19, 2013

Colgate Optic White System

Another of the products I received in my Sugar N' SPice VoxBox from Influenster  was the Colgate Optic White tooth whitening system (toothpaste, toothbrush, and mouthwash).  I've been really excited about this because I LOVE SCIENCE.  What you say?  What does science have to do with this?  What DOESN'T science have to do with this?  The toothpaste box makes the claim that if you brush your teeth regularly with it's product you will have whiter teeth in one week.



EXPERIMENT TIME.  (I am giddy with joy)

I really wanted to start this ages ago but we had to go out of town a couple of times and then everyone in this house was sick (nightmare) but the time has come at last.  The box only says to "brush regularly  so my plan is to brush with the toothpaste and toothbrush provided for two minutes and then follow up with the mouthwash twice a day (morning and night) for 7 days.  

I took my before pictures Wednesday morning in the bathroom mirror (great natural light) after brushing with my usual paste and brush.  They are pretty sexy.

My teeth are HUGE!  Colgate should love me.

Yesterday was my first full day of experimentation/brushing with the new system.  My first thought was that the toothbrush has very soft bristles.  I have been using an electric toothbrush for years and was not at all accustomed to doing all the work myself (FWP).  At one point I said to my husband "Who uses a soft bristled toothbrush?  This is crazy!"  Turns out he uses a soft toothbrush.  Oops.  

I like the flavor of the paste, I don't like overly sweet toothpaste and this paste has more of a natural peppermint flavor with a hint of bitterness that I believe comes from baking soda or peroxide.  It is also a very foamy paste, which made me appear to be rabid.  Not really a concern just an observation.

After brushing I noticed that my teeth were shockingly smooth, it felt kind of amazing.  Then came the mouthwash.  Hmmm.  It was...unpleasant.  The taste was sour and it burned like crazy, enough to bring tears to my eyes.  The directions say to rinse for 60 seconds and I have been doing it like a trooper but I am not enjoying it.  However, it does make your mouth feel extremely fresh!  VERY VERY FRESH!  I recommend that you don't eat anything afterwards because the freshness might turn on you and it won't be pretty.  

So that is where we stand, soft bristles, smooth teeth, and extreme freshness.  Check back in 6 days for what are sure to be enticing and alluring after pictures and a discussion of whether or not the toothpaste box claims are true!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?