Monday, March 25, 2013

BelVita Breakfast Cookies

This morning I tried the BelVita Cinnamon Brown Sugar Breafast Biscuits that I received in my Influenster Sugar and Spice Vox Box.  That was a lot of capitalized words.


The facts:  There are 4 "biscuits" (largish cookies) per bag.  A whole bag has 230 Calories, 8g of fat, 220mg of sodium, 35g of carbs (3g dietary fiber), 4g of protein, 19g whole grains, and about 10% DV of iron, thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, and vit B6.   No high fructose corn syrup has touched these biscuits.



My thoughts:  The cookies are pretty!  I know, that's really neither here nor there but it is still true.


I liked the way they tasted, like a hearty graham cracker with a pinch of salt.  They were also very filling and made for a satisfying breakfast, which I wasn't expecting.  However, it damn well better be at 6 Weight Watchers points.  Yep, 6.  I was also kind of disappointed with the vitamin and mineral content, I was expecting some calcium at least, but mostly got riboflavin and thiamin.  The package says that I will be provided with nutritious sustained energy and the package was right.  I did some yoga this morning, glued the legs on some robots, and played with my child before cooking spaghetti for lunch.

According to the information sheet in the Vox Box, these retail at $3.69 for a box of 5 packets.   I found them on Amazon with a 4 pack of 4 selling for $15.70 but the reviews say they are less expensive in stores.

Final verdict:  I would buy this again (not online), assuming I was not on a weight loss plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?